Another walk


The autumn leaves are so pretty

Maybe I should make my Glasgow nature walks a regular blog thing, it has been a really good way of getting myself to look more closely at the world around me.

Thick grey clouds today

Today's weather is cold and grey and it's threatening to rain. The flowers and berries are dying down and many of the trees have almost completely lost their leaves, but there is still plenty to see.

In terms of flowers there is still plenty to see. The himalayan balsalm is still out with its pretty pink flowers and exploding seeds. I also saw a common daisy, buttercups and some garden flowers I don't know. The hydrangeas outside our house are really dying down now, but I really like how the skeletons of the flowers look. The flowers themselves have also turned a really dark purple colour, eventually turning brown.







While the rowan berries are still in full swing, various other berries are running out. I was quite surprised to see the bramble berries though, as the bushes are laden with berries that have dried up and went brown - I expected the birds to eat them before that happened.






Fungi are also plentiful.



There are still some invertebrates you can see. I saw a garden snail clinging onto a wall and a hoverfly.



And the dogs enjoyed the walk. I managed to get a good picture of them posing in front of a tree, but then of course they ran away in all directions.



Comments

Popular Posts